Well, the sellers called last night while we were out at dinner. Yes, they’d accept our final offer. *Beams*
Dinner was at Bonsoiree for their “underground dining event” with the Rs. A six course, BYOB dinner with:
1. Poke Ahi Tuna, Spring Herb Salad, Lotus Root, Ume Boshi Vinaigrette.
2. Premium Wagyu Beef Basted with Fat of Foie Gras served with
Shin’s Special Sauce.
3. Parmesan & Roasted Garlic Soup, Candied Japanese Eggplant,
Caramelized Sweet Onions, Truffled Breadstick.
4. Grilled Lamb Chop from Mint Creek Farms, Spring Peas, Morels,
5. Rhubarb Sorbet, Burton’s Farm Maple, Artichoke Bacon Crisp.
6. Matcha Rice Pudding, Kinako Strawberries, Apricot Fritter
We wolfed down every bite, savored the myriad play of flavors as they danced across our tongues, while trying to pace ourselves with the three bottles of wine that we brought: a Yalumba Chardonnay, a Dobbes Viognier (that the Rs brought back from Oregon), and a bottle of Greysands Pinot Noir 2007 that J brought back from Tasmania. 🙂 There was plenty to celebrate and toast about: the house purchase, A’s new start up gig and his getting funding.
All too soon, we polished off our dinner, and the wine. But no matter, we adjourned back to our place, where D joined us, and where we popped open two more bottles: a Capaiux Pinot Noir, and a Rioja. 😀 A little too much wine perhaps, but eh, it was a Saturday night.
Here are some pics of the potential new place (still gotta send in the final contract, have the house inspection, obtain mortgages and all that good stuff):